Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Thanks, Shelly.


Last week was Garrett's birthday, but you'd think it was mine. Shelly, Travis and I went to his house for dinner and I got as many presents as he did! Well, Mrs. Brown always has a cute little gift for me whenever I see her (usually yarn) but Shelly had one for me this time! Shelly just learned how to knit a little while ago, so she made me a felted flower and attached it to a cashmere hat. love. Those women are so thoughtful.
Shelly is so sweet. She is Garrett's best childhood friend, Travis's mother. Mrs. Brown and Shelly have been close friends since Garrett and Travis were in diapers.
I love this hat. The houndsooth really sets the whole thing off. Well done, Shelly.
Mrs. Brown gave me 300 yards of Mango Moon's recycled silk and I have no idea what to do with it. I'm not too fond of the free patterns on Mango Moon's website. I think I'm going to end up making a really simple wrap that I could end up wearing with either jeans or my nice black trousers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home