Tuesday, February 21, 2006

crazy weekend.


I didn't get much knitting done this past weekend - there were so many unplanned things happening and two tests to study for, so, the needles went on the back burner.
However, I did go to Barnes and Nobles to scour through their knitting books (my favorite!). I have been on the lookout for the Knitted Babes book (many places hadn't heard of it or were sold out), and found it! I also picked up "The Ultimate Knitting Book" from Vogue Knitting. I loved the different stitches and ideas in it. The book also had some amazingly detailed diagrams and 'how-to's". I haven't had a moment to really sit down and check it out cover-to-cover. Seems quite promising.
Andrea did teach me how to make knitted flowers last Thurday evening at our weekly knitting group. I don't know why I was so intimidated by them - they are amazingly easy. I'll have to teach my grandmother.
I showed them to my friends and they loved them. I think I'm going to make a whole batch of them in different colors to give to my friends for the spring. I have the cutest pair of espadrille sandals that are crying for a pair of yellow flowers to be tied to them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home