Thursday, February 16, 2006

valentine's day, new dress, etc.


Garrett came down to my house Tuesday night to take me to Cristina's, a new family-run Italian restaurant in Haddonfield for Valentine's Day. The food was fabulous, but ridiculously expensive. We had such a great time, nonetheless. Being the domestic-goddess wanna be that I am, I baked him a cake in the shape of a heart from scratch. The cake itself is a double chocolate fudge and the icing is made from scratch as well. He was embarrassed at first (my parents saw it!) but had a big double helping after dinner. Not to toot my own horn or anything, but it was quite tasty. :)
Garrett's mother, Mrs. Brown, and I had the toughest time two weeks ago trying to decifer the pattern for this twisted handle felted "basket" as the whole thing is knitted in one piece. I couldn't even figure out how to cast on the damn thing, but obviously she figured it out as she made me one for Valentine's Day. She filled it with chocolate truffles - so I was in heaven. The watch in the basket was my gift from Garrett for Valentine's Day. I had been eyeing up that watch for quite some time, and he remembered I wanted it. How sweet.
So right now I'm working on making some obis from some Mango Moon's Recycled Silk that Mrs. Brown gave me for Boxing Day. I thought that they would look really sharp this spring/summer with different jewel-toned tanks and tailored pants or my white skirt. Nantucket cannot come soon enough...
My leg warmers are coming along as well. I finished the first one, but I am having trouble finishing the second. I guess the "phobia" that goes along with finishing the dreaded second sock applies to these suckers. I gotta learn how to knit two socks at one time...
Oh! I am going to a little cocktail party with Garrett for the Princeton Police Department in a few weeks. Of course, I didn't have anything to wear (isn't that always the case with 20 year old girls?) so I went to J.Crew in Philadelphia to check out some of their formal dresses that they have in the catalog only to find out that the dresses I'm interested in are 'Catalog ONLY'. Whatever. So, I just ordered the dress over the phone in the store since if you do that you get free shipping and free returns...So, today, IT ARRIVED. :) I apologize for the condition of my hair and makeup as I just got out of my Macroeconomics class. You know how that goes...that class is terrible. The dress is a little loose in the waist, but I'm glad I got the size I did or else my chest wouldn't fit. Eek. I'll probably get it altered, but I hate doing it.
I have some time to pick up shoes and accessories. Maybe I'll get to that this weekend... :)
The grandmother that goes to a knitting group with me is in the hospital. She was in the hospital for a basic surgery on Valentine's Day for severe acid reflux and since she has problems breathing from years of smoking, she ran into some problems. The surgeons couldn't get her to breathe on her own after the surgery, so they put her on a ventilator. She wouldn't wake up either. All they knew is that the sugery went well, but they couldn't explain why she wasn't coming to or able to breathe on her own. So, right now she's pumped full of morphine. My mother won't let me see her because she thinks that it will upset me. I know she's right. My grandmother and I are incredibly close and it would kill me to see her in the state that she's in. Our knitting group meets on Thursday nights, so tonight I'll be going without her. I'm really worried.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
[url=http://fncqqfvx.com/scww/duyd.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://zcgwnonb.com/hpve/jegm.html]Cool site[/url]

1:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
My homepage | Please visit

1:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
http://fncqqfvx.com/scww/duyd.html | http://hgalmbhp.com/towx/gyem.html

1:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home