Monday, March 06, 2006

too long!


God, so it's been two weeks since I've last written.
My life has been turned upside down. School has dumped a ton of work on me at one time, my father was away on a golf trip in Myrtle Beach with his college buddies for a week (which left me with next to no spare time), and my mother and I have been bumping heads lately.
Well, Garrett took me to The Wooly Lamb last weekend (he was soooo thrilled!). They had their grand-reopening sale, so there was no way that he was not going to take me. I finally decided that it was time for me to get over myself and to knit a damn pair of socks. So, I picked up some turquoise Wildfoote sock yarn ($5!!!). Yum. But it keeps splitting. And the #2 DPNs are driving me crazy. But, so far, so good. ::knock on wood::
I also picked up some gorgeous Cascade mohair. I want to eat it, it looks so beautiful. Problem: I don't know what to knit with it! I'm thinking a hat - I only bought two skeins.
I made Shrinky-Dink stitch markers for Mrs. Brown's birthday. Instead of using pictures of knitted pieces, I used the faces of all of her family members, best friend, and her three english bulldogs. She loved them. Garrett called me Martha Stewart. Although he meant it in jest, I took it as a compliment and thanked him. He rolled his eyes. He knows he loves me the way I am.

1 Comments:

Blogger SweetPeaknits said...

Good luck with the sock knitting, you'll either love it or hate.

I love the mohair colourway you chose. That would look great as a hat.

3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home