Friday, April 21, 2006

Egads!

Whoa. Almost an entire month without a single post. Honestly, I have not really had a whole lot of time to post the past few weeks - school has been crazy and I was asked to give a speech to Congress on Capitol Hill. But, there has been plenty of knitting!
A pair of Mrs. Beeton's for Shelly's birthday (sans beading)! In her favorite colors, of course. She loved them.

I started a pair of socks in Mountain Colors - I love this yarn. My mom would have stolen them already, but I threatened her with my US 4 Addi Turbos. These are mine.

My boyfriend took me to New Hope, PA last weekend. We had a romantic lunch in the middle of town under an umbrella sipping on iced tea through straws. We walked off our lunch afterwards in town soaking up the sunshine. I didn't think he could top the afternoon until he got me in his big F-150 and took me across town to The Gazebo - a hole in the wall fiber shop in New Hope, PA. His mother had been there the weekend before and told him that I would love it because they had a massive shelf of Koigu. Mrs. Brown knows me well. I told Garrett that I want my engagement ring to be made of Koigu. He told me he'd keep that in mind.


I bought a couple skeins of each. I'm set for a few short weeks. I have a hard time finding Koigu in my area - but hopefully this will hold me over until the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival!

As a result of the fabulous afternoon in New Hope staring deep into eachother's eyes over panini sandwiches under the sun, and trips to The Gazebo and The Wooly Lamb he got one of these:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home