Monday, May 01, 2006

happy may!

Today is May 1st and the opening day for Project Spectrum - well, at least for me. I endered in the middle of April and thought that it would be better to start fresh in May. I absolutely adore the concept behind Project Spectrum. I, too, believe that color should be celebrated. In celebration of the first of May, and since green is the color for May, here are my completed Mountain Colors Bearfoot socks.

This yarn was amazing. I'm buying more.

I got so excited to start Project Spectrum that I went and bought 28 skeins of Knitpicks Merino Style (3,444 yards!) the other day to make a project to be revealed at the end of the summer. Where the yarn is going to go once it gets here, I have no idea. But I was so inspired by the whole idea and all of the gorgeous blooming Pear, Peach, and Dogwood trees in my backyard that I couldn't help myself. I am incredibly excited to start this project. Maybe I'll drop hints over the summer as to what it is. Maybe.


My mother, aunt, grandmother and I are going to the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival this coming weekend. Needless to say, I don't know how I am going to be able to concentrate on my final exams this week. All I keep thinking about when I am trying to study or write a paper is what kind of yarn I'll buy. Sock yarn? Maybe some roving so I can learn to spin.

I am still working on my Rambling Rose sweater. I haven't made too much progress as the Mountain Colors socks took precedence only because I wanted to beat Wanda at my knitting group on Thursdays. She's been working on the same pair of socks for 4 months. And she's still not done the first.

I'm obsessed.

1 Comments:

Anonymous anmiryam said...

Be sure to come to the bloggers meet up. The details are on Cara's blog: www.januaryone.com. I'll be there too!

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home