Saturday, May 13, 2006

I'm addicted.

I am. I went into Pins and Needles in downtown Princeton this morning to buy my grandmother the new copy of Mason-Dixon Knitting and couldn't walk past the "wall of koigu" without at least looking at it. Of course, I found a colorway that I have never seen before in my life, and grabbed a skein of it. ::sigh::

I've got to stop this impulsive buying of koigu. Do I know what I am going to make with this ONE skein of koigu? Yeah...riight. I don't. But I couldn't let this color sit on the shelf and not come home with me. Thank God there was only one skein left of this color or else I would have bought another to make a long pair of socks. Now, I'm limited to a short pair - if I can make it, that is.

Anywho, two nights ago at my knitting group, Andrea finally taught me how to spin:


Not bad. But not good either. I picked it up pretty quickly and kept getting better as the night progressed. I really enjoy it, but it's so freakin' tedious!

Since Mrs. Brown is away in Florida this weekend, maybe I'll work on my skills some more and spin her some of that natural brown wool I bought at the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival for Mother's Day.

Oh, and guess who somehow found a way out of her cage while I was surfing knitting blogs?


Princess - the lovebird.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home